The information we gather
At various times you may give your personal data to us. At certain times, users may be required to provide their full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and company information. We may also gather information from cookies or web beacons. You can find out more about how cookies or web beacons operate in the relevant section of this Policy below. We also can collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the Site, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the Site. If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook® account) we may obtain information that way too. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, by the automatic collection of information about you as you use the Site, or from third parties. Third party information may include credit information which we use to prevent and detect fraud, information from your mobile provider if you are accessing the Site over a mobile device or information from a third party such as a social media site where you have asked us to share your data with them.
How we use your personal data
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal data is to provide you with the services you request and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site. You agree that we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the services or support you request;
- To contact you from time to time with user or service updates;
- To send other messages that help us provide our services on the Site;
- To customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- To promote services related to the Site or those of our affiliates;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- To prevent, investigate or prosecute activity we determine to be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful; and
We also may use demographic information to tailor the Site and we share that information with third parties so that they can build up a better picture of our customer base and general consumer trends.
How we may disclose your personal data: We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights.
We may also share your personal data with:
- One of our partners or affiliates if you’ve requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
- A third party performing services on our behalf;
- Other companies or business entities, for example if we are thinking of a merger with or sale to that company or business entity; and
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account.
You may have accessed our Site through a hyperlink from the website of one of our partners. If you accessed the Site through a hyperlink, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
How we protect your personal information once we have it
We take reasonable technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is:
- To protect against unauthorized access to your use of the site;
- To ensure no-one else uses the Site while your machine is “logged on” to the Site service (including by logging on to your machine through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection you are using);
- To log off or exit from the Site when not using it;
- Where relevant, to keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and login details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network;
- To maintain good internet security. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts have been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us about any potential compromise so that we can help you keep your account secure. If you have asked us to share data with third party sites (a site not operated by Nuvara), we cannot guarantee that their servers will be secure. Credit card information is generally stored by our credit card processing partners and we ask them to keep that data secure.
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not always secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
Phishing or false emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us that requests personal information (such as your credit card, login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. Please contact us at email@example.com if you get an email like this.
How to correct or update information
You can see any personal information processed by us. You can ask to see, update or amend any information we hold on you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us at email@example.com;
- Follow the instructions included in each communication or newsletter;
- Use the Unsubscribe function; or
- Mail the request to us at 10625 Telge Road, Houston, TX 77095.
How long we keep your personal data
How we handle your biometric information
Where applicable, Nuvara may also collect and store your biometric information, including your fingerprints and scans of hand geometries (“Biometric Information”), for the purposes of verifying your identity and granting you access to Nuvara’s hardware, software, and/or services, including, without limitation, the software associated with the emergency care system (individually, a “Product” or collectively, “Products”).
Nuvara may share your Biometric Information with service providers, third-party vendors or licensees of the Products for verifying your identity and granting you access to Nuvara’s Products. These service providers, third-party vendors, and licensees of the Products are limited to using your Biometric Information for verifying your identity and granting you access to Nuvara’s Products. Additionally, these service providers, third-party vendors, and licensees of the Products will be obligated to maintain such Biometric Information in a secure fashion consistent with this Biometric Information and Security Policy.
Otherwise, Nuvara will not disclose your Biometric Information without your written consent, unless such disclosure is required by law (e.g., by a federal or state law, or by a valid warrant or subpoena). Furthermore, Nuvara will not sell, lease, trade, or otherwise profit from your Biometric Information.
Nuvara will permanently destroy your Biometric Information from Nuvara’s systems when the initial purpose for collecting or obtaining your Biometric Information has been satisfied (e.g., after the termination of your employment and/or contractual relationship with Nuvara), or one (1) year after your last date of interaction with the Products, whichever occurs first, unless the destruction is barred by law (e.g., by a federal or state law, or by a valid warrant or subpoena), or unless applicable law provides for a different retention period. If the destruction of your Biometric Information is barred by law, then Nuvara shall destroy your Biometric Information when the Biometric Information is no longer required to be maintained by law.
Nuvara shall obtain your written consent to use your Biometric Information in various manners, such as through hand signatures, electronic signatures, and the clicking of checkboxes in click-wrap agreements. Your written consent shall mean that you have agreed that Nuvara can collect, use and disclose your Biometric Information as described in the consent.
Subject to certain exceptions, you may have the option to withdraw or revoke your consent to use of your Biometric Information by notifying Nuvara at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you revoke your consent or decline to provide Biometric Information that is required for you to use the Products, you may experience a loss of functionality as well as a reduced user experience or may not be able to use the Products for certain purposes.
Nuvara reserves the right to change or modify this Biometric Information and Security Policy at any time. If Nuvara makes material changes to this policy, Nuvara will notify you here, by email, or by means of notice on Nuvara’s home page. Such changes are binding on you if you continue to use the Products after such notice is provided.